For The Love Of StoriesBig Finish produce fantastic full-cast audio dramas for CD and download.
Big Finish Eighth of March Portrait Artwork Competition 2023 Terms and Conditions
BIG FINISH EIGHTH OF MARCH PORTRAIT ARTWORK COMPETITION 2023
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 The following terms and conditions apply to the Big Finish Eighth of March Portrait Artwork Competition (“the Competition”) promoted by the Promoter in any media including without limitation online and/or on mobile. Please see below for details of the Promoter.
1.2 It is your responsibility to ensure you review these terms and conditions before entering the Competition.
1.3 By taking part in the Competition, prize draw, vote or poll (as applicable), you accept and agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, you should not take part in the Competition.
1.4 We recommend that you print and store or save a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference during the Competition.
2.2. The Promoter
The promoter is: Big Finish Productions Limited of c/o Craufurd Hale Group, Ground Floor, Arena Court, Crown Lane, Maidenhead, United Kingdom, SL6 8QZ (Big Finish).
3. The Competition
3.1 The title of the competition is Big Finish Eighth of March Portrait Artwork Competition.
3.2 You are invited to submit character portaits in one of the following categories
Category 1: Louise Jameson as Leela
Category 2: Michelle Gomez as Missy
Category 3: Caitlin Blackwood as teenage Amelia Pond
3.3 Only traditional, non-digital media may be used: paint, charcoal, pen and ink, sculpture etc.
4. How to enter
4.1 The competition will run from 15:00 GMT on 30th January 2023 (the "Opening Date") to 12.00 GMT on 8th March 2023 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
4.2 Create character portrait paintings of Louise Jameson as Leela, Michelle Gomez as Missy or Caitlin Blackwood as a teenage Amelia Pond, using traditional, non-digital media (eg paint, charcoal, pencils, pen and ink, sculpture, etc.)
Follow @bigfinish on Twitter or 'like' the Big Finish Productions Facebook page, and either:
- On Twitter: post a photo of your artwork with the hashtag #TheEighthofMarch, and tag in @bigfinish. Note: tweets from protected or private accounts will not qualify for entry.
- On Facebook: post a photo of your artwork on the Big Finish Productions Facebook wall as a comment under the post here, making sure you include the hashtag #TheEighthofMarch in your post. Note: posts from protected or private accounts will not qualify for entry.
4.3 No purchase is necessary, however internet access and an active Twitter or Facebook profile is required.
4.4 Maximum one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
5.1 The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, excluding employees of Big Finish Productions, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
5.2 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and warrant that:
a) You are the sole creator of the artwork;
b) Agree that the Promoter has the right to publish and communicate to the public the artworks in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world for the purposes of the Competition;
c) Grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify their artwork in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in all publications) for such purposes;
d) Acknowledge that the Promoter may edit the artworks at its sole discretion;
e) Agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
f) Agree not to bring any actions, suits, claims and demands against the Promoter in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from the Promoter's use of their artwork;
g) Unconditionally waive your right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict the Promoter's use of the artwork;
h) Shall, if you are under 18, have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide the Promoter with the contact details needed should this need to be verified);
i) Confirm that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that you have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same;
j) Confirm the submitted artwork has not previously been published, submitted into a past competition or used for any other purpose.
6. The Prize
6.1 Three (3) prize winners will be chosen (one winner per category) from all eligible entries. The prize winners will receive a £100 voucher to spend on any release at www.bigfinish.com.
6.2 Prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
6.3 In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
6.4 Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize from the date of the winner’s acceptance.
7.1 All qualifying entries will be judged by a panel including producer of The Eighth of March, Emma Haigh, Big Finish’s Creative Director, Nicholas Briggs, Big Finish’s Graphic Designer, Mark Plastow, and illustrator and graphic artist, Sophie Cowdrey (winner of Big Finish’s 2018 artists’ competition.
7.2 The winners shall be the entries which, in the sole opinion of the judges, are the best.
7.3 The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a) Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
b) Include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c) Defame, misrepresent or insult other people or companies, including but not limited to the Promoter (and its partners);
d) Promote any political agenda.
8. Winners Notification
8.1 The winners will be contacted via social media (either by Twitter direct message or Facebook reply comment) within 14 working days of the judging and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact.
8.2 In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate entry selected in the same manner.
8.3 If contacted, the winners will be provided with details on how to claim their prize.
8.4 The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
8.5 All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
8.6 If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
8.7 No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8.8 This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter or Facebook. You understand that you are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for fulfilment of this promotion unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose.
9. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or generally for intent as well as for gross negligence.
10. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
11. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
12. Winners may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
13. The name and county of the winners will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to Marketing Team, Big Finish Productions, Po Box 8278, Reading, RG6 9UL up to three months after the Promotion closing date.
14. By entering this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
15. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
16. This Promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Promoter: Big Finish Productions, Big Finish Productions, Po Box 8278, Reading, RG6 9UL. Please do not send entries or claims to this address.