For The Love Of StoriesBig Finish produce fantastic full-cast audio dramas for CD and download.
The majority of Big Finish releases can now be accessed on-the-go via the Big Finish App, which is now available for both Apple and Android devices.
The Big Finish App is offered completely free and can be found at the following links:
The Big Finish App for Android on the Google App Shop**
The Big Finish App for Android on the Amazon App Shop**
**Please note that from August 2020, the Big Finish app will only be supported for future updates on Android 5.1.1 and higher.
Unfortunately, the Big Finish App is not currently available to Kindle Fire users due to Amazon restrictions in the audiobook app category.
All qualifying purchases must be made directly from the Big Finish website, and you will need an active Big Finish account to log in and access your personal library of titles.
Note that in-app purchases are not possible at the present time.
If you buy CDs directly from Big Finish at an event such as Big Finish Day, please make sure you mention when you are buying that you have a Big Finish account and we will be happy to make the digital version available to you.
However, please note that due to a number of fraudulent claims, we can no longer process any unverified event purchases.
A handful of titles are not currently available for download, and therefore cannot be accessed via the Big Finish App - please refer to the list here for more details:
If you are experiencing issues downloading content to the Big Finish App, please try the following:
- Ensure that you have the most recent version of the app on your device - check the app store for your device.
- Ensure you have plenty of space available on your device as the app needs approx 2x the file size in order to unpack the downloaded zip file.
- Make sure you have a stable and strong internet connection, as if it drops out during the download, you may need to start again.
- Only press the download icon once. Triggering multiple simultaneous requests to our server from your device is likely to cause the download to fail.
- Make sure that the BF App is open and in the foreground for the duration of the download (ie don't switch into another app).
- Only download one title at a time.
- If a download file appears stuck and displays a 'Please Wait' message, try logging out and wait at least 5 minutes before logging back in and attempting the download again.
- As a last resort, you may try deleting the app and re-installing it.
Note that once a release has been successfully downloaded, it should appear in the "Device" tab for playback.
If you are missing purchased content on the Big Finish App:
- Check that your order is showing as completed and not pending on the website. (In the event that your order continues to display as pending, please contact email@example.com for further assistance)
- A "pull down" on your "Purchased" list within the App should force a sync with your website account and refresh the available content
- Remember that your purchases are displayed in chronological order by release date (most recent first) so you may need to scroll down to find older titles.
- Make sure that you do not have any filters applied to your list views within the app eg by Range or Collection, as this may be excluding your most recent purchases.
- Also note that if you choose to hide purchases in My Account on the website, this will be applied downstream to the Big Finish App, meaning any hidden titles will not be accessible to you there.
Still Need Help?
In the event that you experience difficulties requiring technical support, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include details of your device in your email, along with the version of the app you are using (you can find this at the bottom of the Settings page), a brief summary of the specific issue and if possible, screengrabs of any error messages you are seeing.
Safeguarding Your Purchases
We strongly advise all our customers to ensure that you have downloaded all the content from our website that you have purchased and retain backup copies locally in order to safeguard against future disappointment/loss of access eg in the event that BFP rights expire, and we can no longer offer the files here or support the Big Finish App.
This page was last updated: 10th March 2023