Our many listeners use many machines, with many operating systems, and many browsers, to download our stories. The wide number of permutations can make trouble-shooting difficult, but there are a few suggestions to try if you're having issues:
1) Our mp3 and audiobook downloads are zip files. Once they have successfully downloaded you will need to unzip the contents and import into your audio player. Note that audiobook files (m4b format) are only Apple/iTunes compatible.
2) Getting an "XML error" on downloads - this can be caused by some plug-ins to some browsers. It's worth trying a different browser to see if this still happens.
3) Occasionally there's a problem unzipping via the Safari browser. We recommend trying to download the file to the machine and then unzipping via the Finder program.
4) If it's possible to try alternate browsers on download errors, it can often be worth a try.
5) If you've just joined Big Finish (hello!) and are worried about how to potentially import our titles onto your device, then don't forget there are a small range of free titles - see here - which can be used to trial or practice the process, so that you can get used to it before buying anything...
Kindle Fire Users
At present the Kindle platform isn't supported due to Amazon restrictions in the audiobook category. However, we've had some reports that "Easy Unrar Lite" is a Kindle app that will unzip Big Finish files when downloaded so that they can be played via the usual methods.