We love StoriesBig Finish produce great full-cast audio drama for CD and download, featuring many popular television fantasy series.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. By entering this competition, entrants agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. This competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over, except for the employees (and their families) of Big Finish Productions (the Publisher), and any other company connected with the competition.
3. The closing date for the competition is 23:59 GMT on SUNDAY 30th JUNE 2019.
4. To enter, entrants must submit an entry consisting of a single page synopsis (approximately 500 words) in the English language and a single page opening excerpt from the story (approximately 500 words) in the English language.
5. Entries are to be emailed to email@example.com. Entries should NOT be submitted to the Big Finish offices and will not be accepted if hand-delivered.
6. All entries must include the entrant’s full name, a contact email address and confirmation they have agreed to the full terms and conditions.
7. Entrants may submit only one (1) entry to the competition. Each entry must be original material, and must not have been submitted in the previous years’ competition.
8. All entries must be original, previously unpublished works of fiction.
9. Entrants must not have previously written for Big Finish.
10. All qualifying entries will be judged by a panel comprising Big Finish producers and independent judges.
11. Entries that are received after the closing date will not be considered. Neither the Promoter nor the Publisher are responsible for illegible, incomplete, delayed or lost entries.
12. The Promoter and the Publisher regret that entries cannot be returned, nor will the Promoter, Publisher or the competition judges enter into correspondence or give feedback on individual entries.
13. All valid entries will be forwarded to a judging panel. The judges will choose one winner, who shall be notified by email by 31st July 2019. The winner shall be that entry which, in the sole opinion of the judges, is the best.
14. The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. All unsuccessful entries will be disposed of.
16. Production is subject to the winner entering into a contract with Big Finish Productions. This will afford an exclusive licence to the Publisher, permitting the editing, adapting, publishing and licensing of all or part of the production in all editions, formats (including print and electronic), in all languages and territories globally. Should entrants not want to grant these rights they should not submit materials. In the event an agreement cannot be reached, as regards the contract, within 30 days of the discussions commencing, the winning entry will be returned to the entrant and an alternative winner will be selected.
17. The prize is otherwise non-transferable, and no cash alternative or other substitute is available.
18. Notwithstanding anything set forth above, the Publisher reserves the right to choose the most appropriate format for the production.
19. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that: (i) his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and makes no use of any third party materials or intellectual property rights (other than those explicitly allowed by the writers’ guidelines); (ii) no deliberate attempt has been made to base any fictional characters in the production upon any individual, living or dead; and (iii) the submitted materials contain nothing that is illegal, obscene or of a defamatory nature. Entrants will keep the Promoter and the Publisher harmless from any claims that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
20. Events may occur that render the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter or the Publisher, and the Publisher may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend, suspend or withdraw the prize with or without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. The winning entrant agrees to the Promoter’s and Publisher’s use of their name, country of residence and photograph in relation to related publicity material and activities.
22. The Promoter or the Publisher may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms or whose actions, in the Promoter’s or the Publisher’s determination, are fraudulent, dishonest, criminal or unjust to other entrants.
23. The Publisher will use the personal details of entrants only for the purposes of administering the competition. Entrants consent to the use of their personal data for this purpose. Personal details will not be kept on file by the Promoter.
24. These terms are governed by the laws of England.
25. Promoter: Big Finish Productions, PO Box 3787, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3TF.
The Publisher is responsible for all elements of the prize. Any queries should be addressed to Big Finish Productions at firstname.lastname@example.org