We love StoriesBig Finish produce great full-cast audio drama for CD and download, featuring many popular television fantasy series.
JOB TITLE: DIGITAL MARKETING EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: Head of Marketing and Publicity
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Digital marketing channels are some of the most powerful and important tools in any brand’s communication plan. The opportunity (and challenge) of interacting in real time with existing and future customers is huge, and the competition fierce. Plus the functionality, tools and user experience on these platforms are constantly changing. All of which makes the role of Digital Marketing Executive more important than it’s ever been.
This is a job with a long list of must-haves! First-off is a deep knowledge of all the major digital and social platforms, how people use each one, and of the role these platforms play in customers’ lives. You will demonstrate a good grasp of how Big Finish can use digital and social best practices to build and grow its business, plus how it should talk and act in this interactive space.
On top of this you need smart creative ideas – an endless supply of them! Plus a passion for being first-to-market with new digital tools, new ways of doing things – you should want to be first.
This is a great job for a bright, energetic person who loves to work as part of a creative team doing great work that gets results. You should love ‘making stuff’ – and be able to whip up a great post using any combination of words, images, video clips or other multimedia. And be keen to get training for any skills you’d like but don't have.
The role involves creating and producing inspirational, engaging content, and managing a community of enthusiastic fans. You’ll be part of a team of people including writers, directors, designers, videographers, marketers, publicists and other creatives.
You will be expected to engage with current and future customers through digital and social media and ensure visitor flow to our website. You will be required to analyse and report on visitor data and devise new ways to market Big Finish products.
This is a brand new role, created to support Big Finish Productions in a period of growth and expansion.
Daily content planning and production
- Planning and creating regular suites of best practice content for digital and social media channels, ensuring a variety of content and asset types, including multimedia posts, photo albums, competitions, polls, live streams, etc.
- Maintaining forward-plan content calendars for owned and earned channels.
- Scheduling and publishing content through native platforms and/or our CMS as required.
- Coordinating with creative production teams to ensure maximisation of opportunities for content and asset creation with key talent (including, but not limited to, photos, interviews, video, audiograms, etc.)
- Ensuring quality of content, and liaising with key licensors, partners and stakeholders to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Keeping abreast of developments and opportunities in the digital marketing business and sharing that knowledge with the team.
Daily community and crisis management
- Monitoring and responding appropriately to comments on our social channels (including using a variety of reactions, GIFs, replies, comments, shares, RTs and QTs).
- Referring customer queries and escalating crisis issues through our CRM process.
- Growing the community size through engagement and invitation strategies.
- Identifying target audiences (both existing and new), managing and growing our email lists.
- Creating and implementing newsletters and bespoke email programmes (for example: onboarding new customers; segmented audience interests; our regular reviewers) through our EDM software.
- Reporting on traffic and sales revenues generated from email marketing efforts.
Paid media planning
- Devising and delivering optimised paid media strategies for social and digital platforms (including, but not limited to, Facebook Ads and Google Ads platforms) including retargeting.
- Creating and managing marketing funnels around promotions, offers, sales, etc.
- Feeding into additional media plans (including VOD, display, PPC and SEO), and non-digital marketing plans (including magazine advertising).
Ongoing reporting, analysis and optimisation
- Establishing and maintaining a documented marketing plan for each new release, and ensuring that all key milestones are delivered.
- Assisting in the setting of targets and delivering on KPIs.
- Analysing campaign performance and suggesting improvements. Monitoring and reporting on campaign progress to the marketing team; including (but not limited to) ROI, traffic, engagement, channel growth.
- Ensuring that the core Big Finish team is regularly updated on all planned marketing activity.
Forward planning and strategy
- Supporting the Head of Marketing and Publicity on longer term strategic planning and market trends, and assisting with any Big Finish process change accordingly, including documentation and communication to the rest of the team.
- Performing market research.
- Being actively involved in the organisation of any events, including those run by third parties, with a particular responsibility for any social and digital activations around them.
- Attending functions as a company representative as required.
Press and publicity
- Supporting the press and publicity executive to ensure access to all promotional assets as required.
- Assisting the press and publicity executive in their duties, deputising when necessary.
- Creating and scheduling news and features for the Big Finish website and/or securing the placement of stories and promotional features with other third parties in order to maximise media coverage.
- Growing and segmenting the contacts database.
- Degree educated, with a proven passion for marketing and digital media.
- A quick learner with a solutions-focused, can-do attitude.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, diligent and able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- An excellent communicator, with tip-top grammar and spelling skills (including proof-reading).
- Highly organised, methodical, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and to deadline.
- Confident on the phone and in person.
- In-depth knowledge of social platform policies.
- Awareness of ASA and CAP codes and the implications of these for digital marketers.
- Use of software, including Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Google Docs and social content managing and reporting systems (CMS).
- Familiarity with native social media publishing and optimisation tools and analytics, SEO techniques.
- Proficiency in creating and optimising shareable assets (gifs, infographics, memes, stills, social video)
- Experience of photography/video content production would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing expectations of multiple senior stakeholders and building a relationship with third-parties, including creatives.
- Experience of creatively growing social media followings for a major brand, entertainment product or media organisation.
- Experience developing a strong and recognisable tone of voice for a brand online.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, Big Finish’s product range and output.
ABOUT BIG FINISH
Big Finish Productions is a production company, publisher and distributor. We produce CDs, downloads and books.
We are perhaps best known for our Doctor Who ranges of full-cast audio dramas (and its various spin-offs) but we also produce a wide range other series, including Torchwood, Blake's 7, Dark Shadows, Terrahawks, The Avengers, The Prisoner, Survivors, The Omega Factor, Callan, Sherlock Holmes and more.
Monday- Friday 37.5 hours (some flexibility required)
Based in Covent Garden, with travel to studios.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by 18th October 2019 at email@example.com