A year after a mysterious meteorite lit up the skies of New York state, Martian invaders laid waste to the nation. At least, according to soon-to-be infamous Orson Welles they did. But what if some of the panicked listeners to the legendary War of the Worlds broadcast weren't just imagining things?
Attempting to deliver Charley to her rendezvous in Singapore 1930, the Doctor overshoots a little, arriving in Manhattan just in time to find a dead private detective. Indulging his gumshoe fantasies, the Doctor is soon embroiled in the hunt for a missing Russian scientist whilst Charley finds herself at the mercy of a very dubious Fifth Columnist.
With some genuinely out of this world 'merchandise' at stake, the TARDIS crew are forced into an alliance with a sultry dame called Glory Bee, Orson Welles himself and a mobster with half a nose known as 'The Phantom'.
And slowly but surely, something is drawing plans against them. Just not very good ones...
For The Love Of StoriesBig Finish produce fantastic full-cast audio dramas for CD and download.
Doctor Who - The Monthly Adventures
028. Doctor Who: Invaders from Mars
Written by Mark Gatiss
Starring Paul McGann India Fisher
From US $3.69
This story takes place after the 1996 TV Movie, and after the Big Finish audio adventure .
- Paul McGann (The Doctor)
- India Fisher (Charlotte Pollard)
- John Arthur (Cosmo Devine)
- David Benson (Orson Welles)
- Mark Benton (Ellis)
- Ian Hallard (Mouse / Winkler)
- Simon Pegg (Don Chaney)
- Paul Putner (Bix Biro)
- Jonathan Rigby (John Houseman)
- Jessica Stevenson (Glory Bee)
- Cover Art by Clayton Hickman
- Director Mark Gatiss
- Executive Producer Jacqueline Rayner
- Music by Alistair Lock
- Producer Gary Russell Jason Haigh-Ellery
- Sound Design by Alistair Lock
- Written by Mark Gatiss
- Product Format: 2-disc CD (jewel case)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Duration: 102 minutes
- Physical Retail ISBN: 978-1-90365-457-6
- Digital Retail ISBN: 978-1-84435-728-4
- Production Code: 8F